Here at Sita Sings the Blues, we use the unlimited resource to sell the limited resource. And the most limited resource we have is Nina herself. Now she's for sale, too!
Nina does public speaking. For a fee, she will
spew forthshare her experience, strength and hope on such varied topics as:
- Sita Sings the Blues
- Free Culture
- Cultural Mash-ups
- Censorship and its resistance
- Art and Freedom
- Copyright Law and its alternatives
Some places Nina has spoken:
Colleges & Universities:
University of Chicago
University of Iowa
University of Pennsylvania
South Dakota State University
St. Paul's School (private high school)
F.I.T. (Fashion Institute of Technology)
School of Visual Arts
New School University
Open Knowledge Conference (OKCon) Berlin - Keynote July 2011
University of Pennsylvania IP Law Symposium - panelist March 2011
NY Law School, Innovate-Activate UnConference Sept. 2010
HOPE Hacker Conference, New York July 2010
Iona College, New Rochelle NY, IP Law Conference Sept. 2010
DebConf, NY August 2010
Pratt Manhattan - Copy/Right Conference, May 2010
CUNY Open Access - Oct 2010
NY Comic Con panel, Oct 2010
Iona College, New Rochelle NY, IP conference - April 2010
Power to the Pixel, London - conference talk, Oct 2009
Open Video Conference, NY June 2009
O'Reilly Tools of Change conference, NY 2009
Museums & Arts Centers:
Metropolitan Museum of Art, NY
Rubin Museum, NY
Century Club, NY
Cartoon Art Museum/EFF, San Francisco
Wexner Center for the Arts, Ohio State University
Symphony Space, NY
IFC Film Center, NY
92nd St. Y, NY
Can you afford Nina? Use this handy rate chart to find out!
Rate Table Single Talk $1,000 Day Rate (workshops and consulting) $2,000 Getting-on-Airplane Fee $500 Miles-Away Fee $1 per mile Travel and Accommodations You pay for those, too
If you're where Nina is (usually New York), a talk is $1,000. A workshop or day of consulting is $2,000.
If Nina has to set foot on an airplane, it's $500 more.
The farther away it is from where Nina is (she's usually in New York) the more it costs.
- A talk in New York City would be $1,000.
- A talk in Boston would be $1,690 ($1,000 speaking fee + $500 Getting-on-Airplane fee + 190 miles away).
- A talk in Chicago would be $2,214 ($1,000 speaking fee + $500 Getting-on-Airplane fee + 714 miles away).
- A talk in San Francisco would be $4,072 ($1,000 speaking fee + $500 Getting-on-Airplane fee + 2,572 miles away).
- A talk in Dubai would be $8,350 ($1,000 speaking fee + $500 Getting-on-Airplane fee + 6,850 miles away).
- A full day of consulting or workshops costs exactly $1,000 more than a single talk. Airplane and miles-away fees are the same.
A good way to finance these trips is to get multiple institutions to co-sponsor them and time them together. A single trip to a given city could include talks at several different colleges, conferences, businesses, museums, etc., so the Getting-On-Airplane and Miles-Away fees are split between them.
Of course, if you're a wealthy institution that pays more, please say so. I need money.
Ready to book Nina? Contact me: